Tuesday 21 January 2014



Day One

First trip out of the gate since I swore never to book anything but direct flights, and having broken the pledge, once again I'm in the deep poop. The online booking system for American Airlines somehow recorded Valerie's seat assignments for the three legs of this trip, but not mine. I summon the gods of FLIGHT to help a simple lad from Wallaceburg, very simple. Have pity.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH, poor baby.  I had my own woes as well.  I made sure that I had loads of sunscreen, bug spray and aloe lotion, quite forgetting the 100 ml rule for carry -on.  At Pearson I had to dump some of it, and again La Guardia.  The agent at La Guardia was very helpful and walked me out to an area where I could dump a little bit more.  I had to go through security again and the ahem, lady, beside me got peeved and called the agent a bitch!  Can you believe somebody being that stupid as to piss off a federal aviation personnel...person?  Wow!  Quelle princess!

Upshot of all that up chuck was that David and I had to run like hell to make our flight.
As we got to the desk, I overheard the flight person giving away my seat to somebody else.  We boarded the flight and had to grab whatever seats were left over.  By miracle David got a good aisle seat and we traded it for a seat beside me.  

What a kafuffle!  I really worked up an appetite and was looking forward to my snacks which were unfortunately keeping cool in David's fridge in Leslieville, a few miles away.
O.K. I will order a yummy pastrami on rye with cole slaw and potato chips!
Not. Only available on 3 hour flights!  So I had to make do with pita chips and hummus, and David's celery and carrots.  Add a nice little bottle of wine and all is well!

David again:
The gods are with me. Close calls, but managed to board each time, Got the last (but one or two) seat on the final leg - a roomy bulkhead seat at no extra charge - easy to swap with the woman who was sitting beside Valerie. So we sit together, quite comfortably, looking forward to Barbados.

Day Two
Breakfast, beach, lunch, polo, dinner, euchre. Gorgeous weather, beautiful breeze - a great day.

The view from the house.










And where is David?  Camera shy!!!!  I promise to ambush him tomorrow!













No comments:

Post a Comment